Friday, April 17, 2009

Round Table Discussion


Last night, I had the opportunity to partake in a round table discussion about various social, ethical, and legal issues related to technology. I found this discussion to be very proactive and I was pleased to discover that the majority of the participants are genuinely concerned about protecting children from online predators. In addition, cyberbullying was a main topic of concern. I am addressing this topic on my blog because I believe that with parental controls, cyberbullying will be reduced. A main argument addressed was that parents are not aware of inappropriate internet usage because they are not monitoring the usage or they are unaware of how to monitor it.

Related articles/websites:

Stop CyberBullying!

What you need to know and tips


How to fight the new bullies!



No comments:

Post a Comment